Wednesday, March 26, 2008

G'day, mates!

I apologize for not updating my blog much recently, but I have been B-U-S-Y!!! So, I'm taking 2 mins on my lunch break to add a quick note. Work was insane, and then we went on vacation to Australia with some friends. That's right -- AUSTRALIA!!!! :) But alas, it had to come to an end, so I have ventured home from the outback, and it's back to reality. It was every bit as amazing as you think it might be (times a million). But, for all of you following my running and fundraising, I can assure you that, "no worries," I kept running! Granted, I couldn't run safely through the Australian Outback (hello 100 degree heat, snakes, wild animals, etc.), but I did cross-train during that time. I DID complete several long runs through Sydney on the gorgeous running paths that go around the harbor, Opera house and botanical gardens. It ROCKED!! I took a picture just to show proof that I am committed to raising this money for charity and training for this marathon! :) (Yup, that's me in my TNT Training hat on the running trail at dawn in Sydney harbor.)

Thank you for your continued support! I have not had time to send out my thank you letters yet, but I truly (TRULY!) appreciate your letters, donations and cheers! We're now at $6795...so, let's try to get to the $7,000 this week! Please feel free to forward this web site on to your friends and family. I learned something very special from the aboriginees this past week, which was the concept of "galing wawoo." Loosley translated to English, it means, "You give something to me, and I give something back." It's integral to their way of life. Running this marathon and raising funds for the L&L Society is my "galing wawoo." It's my way to give back for everything I've been given, especially being graced with good health, family and friends. I appreciate your willingness and support to give back to fellow mankind, as well. THANK YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I can't stop staring at the picture and thinking "She went to AUSTRALIA??!!!" It just doesn't seem real. You are crazy, and I love you the more for it. I can't wait to hear all your stories about your trip!!!!
    Te amo, mi gemela,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.