Friday, July 11, 2008

Runner's World!

If you haven't picked up the August Runner's World Magazine, pick it up. There is a great article on a survivor who runs triathalons now with TNT with his whole family. Awesome. And, if you happen to scroll to the very back (page 102), you'll see a TNT page for their 20th anniversary called "The Rundown --- Inside the Runner's World." And, if you read the little print of the column, you'll see me quoted there. And, I seriously meant every word. I could truly have not finished this marathon without all my supporters and Team in Training. (Or, click here to read on Google Books.)

I have signed up for the Winter Season (and will be a Mentor) and plan to run another marathon in January 2009. I've raised over $10,000 this year with your support, so perhaps it's time to raise another $10K, so that I can have a total of $2o,000 raised for TNT as a 20th Anniversary celebration fundraising attempt in 2008. Hmmm...will have to ponder that over the next few weeks.

It's been quite a week. To be honest, Michele's passing on from this life (see earlier post), is a big reminder that we are not done yet. We need to keep raising money for a cure!

2 comments:

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.