Saturday, October 11, 2008

San Diego Team in Training Run Team... ROCKS!

CURES ROCK...and there is no doubt in my mind after today that the San Diego Team in Training (TNT) Run Team also ROCKS! The coaches had their doubts, but we managed to have the entire team show up in their TNT white shirts. WAHOO! I mean, look at this picture...do we look like a TEAM or what?! Today, the marathoners on our run team ran 10, 11 or 12 miles -- the most many of them had ever run in their lives! They did GREAT!! It was a gorgeous day along the coast, which was perfect for a long beach run (other than the sand in my shoes, but it's a small price to pay for the AWESOMENESS of living in San Diego). Two people had to pay the price for losing this "White T-shirt Contest" with our Team shirts --- the COACHES! Yup, the coaches had their hair painted purple today...and let me say that I had a grand ol' time lending a hand, as you can see me doing in the second picture. The Fundraising Tip of the week from the Fundraising Mentor (me)? Have FUN with your FUN-draising -- and let me tell you -- this week was hilarious, and we raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. To date, our little ol' Run Team has raised approximately $68,000 for this season for TNT/L&L Society! AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.