Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Day 2 of the Guinness World Record attempt is in the history books.

Mike = 2.

Cancer = 0.



Today is also Memorial Day. In my heart, I am very grateful for those that serve our country. In watching the GWR events today, I couldn’t help but smile, as I feel my granddad would have loved today. He was a WWII combat cameraman and a cancer fighter. (You can read about my blog post on him here.) I know he would have appreciated the “young lad” Kerry who is documenting Mike’s world record journey. I know he would have been proud of my own battle to fight cancer, the disease that stole him from me and my family.

Take a few minutes today to thank the heroes in your life. Thank those in your lives that are protecting our freedom. And, hug a cancer fighter to encourage them in their own battle against the enemy of Cancer.

To those that fight…to those that will not give up…and to those that have gone before us...THANK YOU

Mike, I am grateful for your service to our country and your service now in helping the world fight cancer. (For those of you that don’t know, Mike served with the 1/75 Rangers.) I also want to send a huge thank you to everyone that came out and showed him support today from TNT, Abbott Labs, friends-of-friends and coworkers-of-coworkers.

Do me a favor, and in honor of Memorial Day, check out two blog posts today:

1. My blog about Lt. Col. Dan McGovern (my granddad) from Dec 09: Click here.

2. Mike’s blog today about the heroes in his life: Click here.


If you'd like to see photos from the GWR Journey, go online to the Cures Rock! Picassa web album and look in any of the GWR albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/curesrock (You can also view photos from the Cures Rock! Tour there, too.)


Pictured:

1. (From L to R) Kerry, Mike & Deborah running along Mission Bay Park on Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.