Monday, September 8, 2008

TNT Nike Team: My "Rebirthday" Celebration

The TNT Nike Team recently celebrated my 1 year Remission "Re-birthday" with me. (I am not running in the Nike Marathon, but I am the team's Honored Teammate Survivor so I visit their practices!) Here are some pics from my fun time with the team....such a happy bunch. They have so many amazing stories to share (family & friends with cancer, or they are survivors themselves), and it reminds me how cancer has touched so many of us. It's also incredible that there are so many people willing to come out and support the LLS Mission, even with no direct connection to cancer. Chief Howley (in bottom pic) is a big supporter of the TNT Nike Team in San Diego. Unless he has duty that Saturday, he comes out to support the team in whatever fashion they need. His wife, Teresa, who is part of this team, was recently stationed out-of-state with the Navy, yet he was still out there running an Aid station. I find this ultra-amazing. I have such a soft spot in my heart for this team and all it's members. For those that aren't already aware, SEPTEMBER IS LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA AWARENESS MONTH. I encourage you to support the cause, and it doesn't have to be financial. Go online to http://www.lls.org/ and learn about blood cancer. Drop me an email, and I'd be happy to provide you with a survivor's perspective. There are many ways to support the LLS Mission...just ask me how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.