Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm an (Imerman) Angel!

I'm an angel!!! Ok, before you start laughing too hard and reach to straighten my crooked halo, let me clarify that I am one of the newest Imerman Angels! When I went through my battle with cancer, I didn't have someone near my age with my AML disease to talk to about it. I am going to make sure that for at least one other person on this planet, it doesn't happen to them as a young adult facing cancer. I've signed up with Imerman Angels as part of their 1-on-1 cancer support database....the largest in the world at this point.

Imerman Angels is an amazing 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, started by one amazing person, Jonny Imerman. Jonny is one person that everyone should get to meet. He has a heart of gold...or platinum...you get my point. Please take 5 minutes out of your day to visit their web site at http://www.imermanangels.org/ and understand their services. They connect current cancer patients with cancer survivors (like me) with their same diagnosis for one-on-one cancer support AND they connect caregivers of cancer patients to caregivers that have walked a similar battle. They have a lofty mission: Beginning January 1, 2013, every cancer fighter in the United States will have free access to a cancer survivor within 24 hours of being diagnosed.
We need your help! If you know of any cancer survivors or patients, please forward them this blog by clicking the "share this" green icon below this post. Also, if you do have a blog or Facebook site, please do the same and post it to your comments to spread the word about this organization that is offering very needed cancer support. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.