Thursday, February 26, 2009

A New War on Cancer?

It's been one of THOSE days (and I know you all know what I mean). So, pardon my brevity, but I wanted to at least draw something exciting to your attention from President Obama's speech this week.

President Obama: "...launch new effort to conquer a disease that has touched the life of nearly every American by seeking a cure for cancer in our time."

It reminds me of President Kennedy's "man on the moon" address. I was holding my breath (ok, not really, but you get my point) to see the budget laid out today, and big news! President Obama's budget includes $6B for cancer at NIH and & hopefully follow-thru on doubling cancer funds as he promised during the elections!

All, keep advocating for change with your local, state & national legislative representatives! It makes a difference.

1 comment:

  1. That funny because I thought about Kennedy when I was listening also!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.