Monday, April 28, 2008

On the Road Again...

...just can't wait to be back on the road again....

That's right! I am slowly getting back there folks. My injury is starting to heal, and I did my first 30 mins of running this last Saturday at the Silver Strand State Beach (ok...I sorta stretched it into a very long 30 mins...). I could see the chalk mile markers for the TNT group down there, which made me smile in spirit cheering on my team that was having to run an 18-miler (that I was missing). I ran the bike trail on the Strand and it was H-O-T! After not running at all for over a week, I was really feeling out of shape and miserable. Well, that is until I saw the young men at the U.S. Naval Amphibious Base entering the water...and realized that if the future U.S. Navy Seals could gut out their torturous day in the heat, then I could gut out this injury and get back in shape for the marathon. HOOYA!

Saw Dr. Rob again today. He said he thinks my injury is getting better (yay!), so here's hoping this trend continues. I get to run again tomorrow for ~30 mins, so I'm stoked about that. When I can run 40 mins without pain, then he says I'm back in TNT training mode. Wahoo! Ok....so, my marathon will be a very slow one now, but at least I'm not out of the game yet. Sadly, considering this past weekend was the La Jolla Half Marathon through Torrey Pines...his office was packed, so I'm not the only one in San Diego trying to get better for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon in four weeks (EEK!). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.