Saturday, July 26, 2008

FUN-RAISING! - LIVESTRONG SUMMIT DAY 3

I am exhausted, but truly my smile is not leaving my face. I will write so many more blogs about this summit, as it'll take a bit for it all to adjust. It has been an amazing summit. Stephanie Spielman spoke today with her husband in the audience (hint, hint: NFL Football and OSU) -- she told her story which truly touched my heart. It's amazing how cancer can change your life in three words..."You have cancer." Most of us here have heard them....or cared for someone that has...and we're all here to effect change at the local, state and national level. For me...I'm going global...it's time the world learns to give back and pay it forward. This Summit changed me on so many levels, some in part due to the amazing speakers, some by our informative and inspiring track leaders/speakers and so much to do with all the strong survivors and caregivers I have met. Each day I have found myself choking back tears -- not out of sadness -- but out of sheer joy of the HOPE that is shared and felt everywhere. Even as so many of these people have either fought with their life, or are fighting the battle of their life --- they are also spreading the light of hope that change in prevention and survivorship issues, and development of better therapies and cures is possible. It's like when Pandora's box let out all the evils...greed, vanity, slander, lying, envy, pining --- the one thing remaining in the box was HOPE. On a lighter note, we were at the Columbus Zoo tonight for a Summit BBQ dinner and to play with all the happy animals (yay, kangaroos! yay, komodo dragons!). Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.