Sunday, December 28, 2008

TNT Run Update - 4 Weeks to go!!!

(Pic: TNT Run Team - Winter Season 2008)
First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you that have so generously donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the Lance Armstrong Foundation this year. Your commitment to the cause of making cancer a national priority and finding a cure is incredible. I am honored to know each of you, and even more honored that you take the time to read my blog and reach out with your support, whether monitarily, cheerleading, volunteering, etc. Our team has raised over $120,000 so far, and we plan on hitting our goal of $130,000 by the end of our season! This is only possible because of your BIG hearts. THANK YOU!
As you all know, I have been training with "Team in Training" for another full marathon (yup, all 26 miles...and don't forget the .2 miles at the end!), in order to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The San Diego Run Team is enthusiastic, motivated and has truly accomplished so much this season. On Dec 2oth, most of the team ran 20 miles...the longest in their lives...which was so exciting. In one week, the rest of the team faces their 20 miler before the "back down" period that preceeds a marathon. As for myself, I'm still working through pain due to an ankle injury, so I've been out the last month from running. I started back in with short runs this week, but it looks like I'll have to rethink my full marathon (26.2 miles) into a half marathon race (13.1 miles). Still a very respectable distance, but my heart was set on the longer race. "Patience, grasshopper." I am trying to remind myself to focus on this amazing journey, and not the outcome of a race. For now, I'm still planning on racing at the Carlsbad Marathon (or Half Marathon) on January 25th, and you are all invited to join the crowds in cheering on our team.
I am also getting geared up for the annual "Team Julie" reunion season for TNT summer season. That's right! Mike and I will be back raising funds and running together for the 2nd year in the row (ok, he runs about 2 hours ahead of me, but you get the point). If you missed the Women's Running magazine article, Mike and I were both mentioned...click this link. We'll carry on this annual tradition by running the Rock 'N' Roll San Diego Marathon (May 30th) this year to raise funds for a great Cause -- and I'm doing a double-header by following that up with the inaugural Rock 'N' Roll Seattle Marathon one month later (June 27th)!! I will keep pounding the pavement until we have that cure for blood cancers (and all cancers). GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.