Saturday, May 10, 2008

20 mile run & a big nap

I am sitting here (after taking a 2 hour nap), completely proud and amazed that I completed our TNT 20-mile Train Run today. We took the train up the coast to Oceanside, got off, ran 2 miles north, and then headed all the way back down to our cars at the Solana Beach train station. Here's a link, if you'd like to see the route: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ca/oceanside/471052872277 My focus today was to just go out, take it easy so I don't irritate my injury, and just have a good ol' time. It turned out to be one of the most fun runs I have ever done to date! I started off with my running pals, Lisa & Jen. Jen was a cheetah today, and we lost her after the first hour. With over 500 runners doing this run, it was crazy! :) Lisa & I stuck together for the long haul and finished in just a little over 4 hours. Of course, this was after I made her stop for a few photo ops, fix my shoes like a billion times, chill out...we had a grand ol' time. She is so awesome!!! (Pictured: Julie & Lisa at the half-marathon mark Aid Station)
It served it's purpose! I am confident now that I WILL be finishing the marathon in a few weeks, and I am looking forward to the day soooo much! And, of course, after running through campsites of people fixing breakfast, then along seaside cafes as people ate lunch, we all met up at the Solana Beach Train station to collect our gear and head to Pizza Port to have some beer and pizza to celebrate (I mean, um, one has to "carb up" again, right?)





1 comment:

  1. Elea's sitting next to me and said to write:
    "Go Julie! Go Julie! I do love you, and I miss you, and I hope I get to go to your race. And I love you, and I hope your knee feels much nicer if you have a good race. I'm going to make you a gorgeous, pretty card. My birthday is in a few days, and I'd be so happy when I come back to have my birthday party. I'm 4! I do love you, I love you, I love you."
    (I cut her off at this point, but she said, "No, Mommy! I'm loving her. Don't stop." HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.