Friday, May 9, 2008

20-miler tomorrow!!

Ok, so tomorrow we're running a 20 mile "train run" with our TNT team. What does that mean? Well, at 6am, we meet at the train station, take a train to Oceanside...and then run all the way home on the Coast Highway. No joke. We'll run through Oceanside, Carlsbad, Leucadia, Encinitas, Cardiff, Solana Beach...uh yeah...the beach cities will just keep on going by tomorrow. Considering my injury, the fact that the most I've run in a few weeks is 10 miles, I'm a tad (ok, a TON!) nervous. Four weeks ago, I did a 16-miler, and my running buddies had to drag me the last 4mi. Hmm...well, I'll try my best. I'm trying to give myself mental permission to stop at the 16/18-miler stops to quit if I need to because afterall, my goal is the actual marathon in a few weeks. But, I know my competitive spirit will make that tough. It'll definitely be a team effort tomorrow.
Odd enough, TNT gives us these tags to wear in case of emergency that has our coach's phone number on them. Um...yeah...they are reminding me of a "toe tag" at the moment... just kidding. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. When I was stuck in a hospital last year at this time, failure wasn't an option, and it isn't now. Wish me luck folks!!! All I have to say to my team tomorrow is, "If you think this sucks, try chemo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.