Saturday, May 31, 2008

'twas the Night before a Marathon...

1 more day folks. After all of this, just one more day. Together, we've somehow hobbled, donated and cheered our way to this point. We've raised OVER $10,000 ($10,275 to be exact) and still counting... :) That is completely amazing. I've trained for 4 months and gone through 2 pairs of running shoes. Today, we have our TNT Pasta Lunch with thousands of other TNT participants. All 60 chapters are participating in this race, with a total of ~4,000 runners. We've raised over $12.5 MILLION for the L&L Society for this Rock 'n' Roll race alone. (Our local team's goal was 2.2 million of that.) After that, I'll spend the afternoon getting my gear together, "hydrating" lots and lots....and then attempting to sleep (ha ha), as our wake-up call will be 3 a.m. for the race.

The race starts at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow, June 1st! If you'd like to track me online as I run, go to: www.rnrmarathon.com and click on "live results" or go straight to: http://liveraceresults.com/liveelite/ You will need my bib number which is: 14482. If you type it in, it'll be showing you my 5K, 10K, 13.1 mi and 20mi mark and final finish at 26.2 miles! (For some reason, it's showing all us TNT people listed as 1/2 marathoners, but they are trying to fix it...you might just be able to see my 10K and final time as I complete the 26.2 if this doesn't get resolved.) I love you all!!! Thanks for your support! I will be thinking of all of you as a I run, along with some of the dear friends we've lost recently to cancer, too. I run in memory of them, and in honor of those who are fighting their battles right now.
"Suffering produces perseverence; perseverance, character; and character, hope." -Romans 5:3-4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.