Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ABC News Coverage!

For those that missed it, or aren't in the local San Diego area, here is the ABC News Ch 10 feed that aired yesterday. A full story will also air again on Saturday before my marathon (on Sunday). http://www.10news.com/video/16402103/index.html Channel 10 is sooo awesome to be doing this story with links to LLS, so let's be sure to email them with our support and thanks to their station!

Only 5 more days 'til the marathon. Wow. One year ago, as you'll see in the news story, I made a bet with my friends that I'd be in remission and running it this year. We toasted with our bottles of Bud to my recovery and to running it together in 2008! And, now it's here. I am nervous, and excited and just can't wait to get out there on Sunday. If you wonder where your Leukemia & Lymphoma Soceity donations go....here's a real example. Those dollars provide support for patients like me...they provide research for better therapies for those with blood cancer....and one day we WILL find a cure!
To all those running in the marathon on Sunday, here's an Irish blessing: "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be at your back..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.