Friday, May 30, 2008

Spirit of the Marathon

What is the spirit of the marathon? Good question. Until I go through the final event, I will not have an answer for you. But, I can tell you that in my opinion, the spirit of the marathon begins the moment you place your foot on the training path. It's getting out there an doing something for other people (in this case, we all raised over $10,o00 for blood cancer research!!!). For me, that moment started 4 months ago, and we're now 2 days away from the event. I feel stronger, happier and excited to be going through this process. It has been a gift and there is such a huge connection to spirit when I'm out there running. When I ran our 20 miler, there was a point where it was sheer human spirit that was pulling me along when my body wanted to quit. It's just plain awesome.

We saw the movie, "Spirit of the Marathon," tonight in the local theaters. (www.marathonmovie.com) It was completely inspiring!!! I know that my life will change when I cross that finish line. I only have one first marathon, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.