Friday, June 4, 2010

Speechless: GWR Day 6.

It's hard to write a blog post when one is speechless. Today was one of those days made up of the stuff that dreams are made of...it was surreal and one of the most special days.

Today, I watched Mike run past the current record and unofficially break the GWR record! The official GWR auditor comes tomorrow, but it doesn't matter. In my book, Mike has won. I am proud, humbled, amazed and honored to know him....and touched that he'd even spend a moment with me today. He makes me believe we WILL cure cancer. He makes me believe I WILL stay in remission.

I came away from this moment tonight speechless and reflective. I walked away from the crowds and sat by Mission Bay watching the fireworks (I've nicknamed "Mike's Fireworks") above the surface of the water and waited for him to come back to the hotel.

I promise I will write more about the Guinness World Record Attempt tomorrow, but for tonight, I think I'm just going to smile and go to bed. Instead of sadly attempting to capture this day in words, I am going to soak up every moment of this excitement and awe first.

Pics:
1. Mike spraying the crowd with a Guinness beer to celebrate "unofficially" beating the record
2. The fireworks across the bay at Sea World...a.k.a. Mike's fireworks tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Mike. And you are so right, Julie. It is so inspiring and literally awesome what Mike did. We *will* find a cure for cancer. Cures Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so inspirational. Well done Mike and Cure Rock team! Art

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.