Monday, July 7, 2014

One Voice Against Cancer (OVAC)

It's true. This blog got a wee bit dusty over the past year. It was a tough one in my own personal world for a variety of reasons. The loss of my best friend, Doc JPP, being the major reason. There is a time for everything...and sometimes that means taking time for myself. 

I'm back this year with a renewed sense of purpose & a mission to ensure we do our best in the fight against cancer. He was my support in my 3x battle with cancer as a young adult, and I know he'd want me swinging for the fences again. So here I am. :) 

This week, I step into a new realm. Instead of fundraising and awareness...I'm heading to Washington, DC as a cancer fighting survivor advocate as a delegate for the LIVESTRONG Foundation. I'll be here July 7 & 8 to talk to our congress reps about increasing federal funds for cancer research & prevention, and FDA approval process. 

Am I intimidated by Capitol Hill? A bit. But, they are all people too, and I hope Rep. Darrell Issa, Rep. Scott Peters, Sen. Barbara Boxer & Sen. Dianne Feinstein are willing to hear my story. As a cancer survivor and someone with a career in biotech/pharma, with medical nurses in my family...I hope they have open hearts and minds. 

Please join me virtually, and all the other delegates of @OVACInfo by using the hashtag #cancervoice & copying @OvacInfo @LivestrongAdv on them. Let's let them hear our voice as ONE!! 

Great LIVESTRONG Blog Post about this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.