Saturday, February 16, 2008

7mi Encinitas TNT Run

I just ran 7 miles!!! No kidding, folks. Our TNT long run today was down gorgeous Highway 1o1 in Encinitas and Cardiff....and we covered 7 beautiful miles right next to the beach (I bet all the mid-western folks are jealous now!). :) Believe it or not, my "B" team ran it in 1hr/10mins (yes, I had a stop-watch going), which was waayyy faster than I'd ever do on my own! Whenever I'd want to stop, my new running pal, Jen, would say "just to the stoplight" or something, and I'd hit the pavement for a few more feet. But we made it! I think our timeing might have something to do with the fact that the Aid Stations for our water had candy, too. There's nothing like a few gummy bears to get ones legs moving. Hee hee...


It will be a fun week of training. We start track practice on Tuesday night. I last did track...well...a long, long time ago. Coach Bill promised that he'd start slow (as in, "This is a track."), which is a pace I think I can handle. For all my friends and family out there, my mom dragged out some great pictures from our Girl Scout Olympics in 1984 (see pic: I'm the freak in the light blue shirt in the lane on the right, my twin Angie is in the lane to the left of me in the matching blue shirt kickin' my bootie). This might have been the last time I was on a track (j/k). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.