Monday, February 11, 2008

We're off and running!

Well, we're off and poundin' the pavement with TNT training!!! This past weekend was our 2nd long run meeting, plus a shoe/form clinic. Yup, this baby has a new pair of shoes!! Before we went off on our run, Mentor Mike gave the TNT "Mission Moment." It really meant a lot to me to hear him giving back through his work with this charity, and it's hard to recap unless you are there listening --- but, it certainly got us rallied for our run practice. Our training run was great, but hard. It's been a loonnnggg time since I've run 6 miles without stopping to gasp for air or walk. But, I hung in there! I've met a great new running pal, Jen. We run about the same pace so far, and she is such a bright, happy soul! (see pic, that's Jen on the left and me on the right, in the front). In fact, we were behind the "B" running team at first, but met up with them at the first aid station. From there on out, we hung with them, and actually found ourselves in the front of the pack pacing the group (eek! Why they followed us as we were gasping for air, I have no idea!). On Sunday, I complete a 4 mile run, and wasn't sore -- in fact, I actually enjoyed it! The beach was GORGEOUS!

So, thank you all for you support and cheerleading. On days, like today, when I don't feel like training, I still pull on my shoes and go workout 'cause I know ya'll are behind me. THANK YOU!!! I think I have the biggest cheering squad around!

Fundraising is going great, thanks to all of the very generous donors. We hit the $3000 mark in donations today! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It was my goal to hit that this week -- and I am so excited about it. Every dollar gets us that much closer to a cure, and I can't wait to celebrate the day when one is found. Cures rock, and ya'll rock!!!

Have a very happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.