Friday, February 8, 2008

TNT Fundraising

I am very excited to share with you that I am training to participate in an endurance event as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training (TNT) are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. We need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

So...why am I running a marathon instead of going to the day spa on June 1, 2008?
I am running the San Diego Rock 'N' Roll Marathon (yup, all 26.2 miles!) in celebration of being a cancer survivor.

Pictured: Joe, Me, Mike (w/ Jackson) & Judy at the 2007 Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon: Mike ran for “Team Julie” and at the finish line, we toasted to my recovery & running it together in 2008! I figure that my running training will be tough (& hilarious for anyone watching), but nowhere near as tough as the endurance challenge I faced last year. In fall 2006, I was diagnosed with blood cancer (Acute Myelogenous Leukemia - AML). I fought my way through chemotherapy treatments last year, and I wasn’t alone. Every 5 minutes, someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer, with over 135,000 new cases diagnosed last year. I am happy to report that I have successfully kicked deadbeat "Luke" (my nickname for leukemia) to the curb, and I am in remission.

I couldn’t have done it without your support, and once again, I need your help. In return for my dedication to the training/running of this marathon, and to our honored teammates battling blood cancer, I am asking for your support. I have committed to raise a minimum of $5000 for the cause by March 7th. Would you please join me in this effort?


There are two ways to make your 100% tax deductible donation in support (or in sheer disbelief) that I’m running a marathon!

1. Go straight to my personal web site at: www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/tysontwin where you can read my story and donate online. Or,

2. Send me an email or post a comment, and I will send you a hard copy donation form.

What else can you do? Pass it on! I encourage you to pass on this letter and donation form (or my web site link) to anyone else you think may be interested in this cause. Every penny helps save lives!

CURES ROCK! Look at it this way: The faster we raise the funds, the closer we are to finding the cure --- and that cure will make a difference to someone you know... me. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.