Friday, August 1, 2008

Video! :)

Taking a moment before starting my hectic work day, and thought I'd write a post since many of you have asked about what it's like returning home from the Summit. Since I'm sure ya'll are getting bored with my non-stop crusade against cancer, I thought I'd post a picture of Lance to catch your attention (i-heart-lance). :) It’s been a week since I returned from the Summit…and yet the energy and impact it made on my life is still extremely strong. This group of LIVESTRONG Delegates came from every social class, race, gender, charity organization and type of cancer you could think up. And yet, we all have one goal: To make cancer a national priority. It’s strange to think that two years ago, these thoughts weren’t even crossing my mind. But now, I know I have to live a life of service...I’m not even sure I could stop if I wanted to – survivors or those touched by cancer call it “the obligation to the cure.” I can’t just accept that watching 560,000 Americans die each year in this great country is “ok." I met some of the most amazing and strong survivors and caregivers at this Summit. And it made me realize one thing – I am not alone. Sounds strange, right? But, there are days when I feel like I could scream at the top of my lungs how AWESOME it is to be ALIVE and that we can truly live our lives ---- yet the world will just walk by thinking they’ll live “forever” and that “someone else” will fight the good fight instead of them. But, at the Summit,…there were hundreds of people who want to live life to the fullest, who want to LIVESTRONG and who will not give up in this fight against cancer. You all know my motto: FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. :) I am so lucky to have all of you as family and friends. You have been tremendous cheerleaders and supporters, and I know you do care about this Cause. I'll show some "snippets" of videos of the people I met during the Summit over the next few days...but I'll start with ME! :) LIVESTRONG!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie
    I was also at the Summit( Advocacy Pink) and agree that we have the " obligation to the cure". I've come back home to NJ psyched to make everyone know there is a face to cancer and it is all around you- your neighbor, fellow worker, your child's teacher, etc. - and we need to make "us" a priority!
    LiveStrong
    Dee ( ovarian cancer, NJ)
    womenofteal.blogspot.com
    PS found you via Brian Dowd's blog

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.