Saturday, August 16, 2008

TNT Winter Season BEGINS!

It begins again! Today was the first Saturday session of the Team in Training (TNT) Winter Run Team in preparation for the January marathons. Folks on the team will be running the Carlsbad Marathon, Rock N Roll Tuscon Marathon or the Walt Disney World marathon. I will be training for the Carlsbad Marathon (I mean...hello?...it's local AND along a beach..I can't complain). This season, I have returned not just to run, but to assist on the team as a team Mentor along with a season role as Fundraising Co-Mentor. My job? Cheer on a group of teammates and answer their questions...and also help raise a ton of money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through setting up fundraising events, helping others fund-raise, etc. It's just plain AWESOME. And, in the immortal words of Po, "There is no charge for awesomeness!" (Kung Fu Panda, the movie). I even have a mentor (hey, mentors need mentors too!), who is AWESOME. Gail is our A Team Captain and is helping me through the ropes of my 2nd season of TNT (Thanks, Gail!). If you'd like to support my fundraising efforts as I race for a cure, please visit my TNT website by clicking here. All donations are tax deductible. We ran a nice 3 mile run today. It was hot and humid, but, it felt good to be out with the team. I had a chance to share the Mission Moment, which I'll upload later for you to read. Yes....you can now expect that I'll talk about running non-stop for the next 4 months (well, that topic and those of fundraising and the need for cancer research/early detection). GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.