Sunday, April 18, 2010

Eve of Boston Marathon - Photo Collage

I cannot believe I'm running the Boston Marathon for a second time tomorrow. Last year, I ran it days after treatment, and this year I run it cancer free. I will be pounding the pavement with a grateful pounding heart for all 26.2 miles tomorrow.

It's late, and tomorrow is a big day, so I'll post my day as a photo collage instead. More stories and insight to come later.

My day (in pics)?
  • My race shirt is ready to go for tomorrow!
  • Carbo-loading = yum.
  • Short run with the Boston 5K race (Congrats to Josh Cox for the win!).
  • Picking up my bib numbers at the Expo!
  • Visiting the Team World Vision Booth to hear about the Team World Vision's participation in the Comrades (ultra)Marathon, the amazing Cause and the kids (Pictured with runners Andy Baldwin, Me, Erin M. & Josh Cox)
  • Brunch with Team LIVESTRONG, awesome cancer warriors (Best of luck tomorrow!)
  • I'm still raising funds for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. It's not too late to donate at: http://www.livestrong.org/teamls2010/julierunsboston !!




















3 comments:

  1. Go Julie go! I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow and anxiously awaiting the texts with updates on your progress. You are my hero!

    Livestrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run like the wind, Julie! Thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Julie! You did it! Congratulations! Art

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.