Friday, April 16, 2010

Why I Run...

Something has to drive a person to run 26.2 miles. Especially those last 6.2 miles because they are always particularly brutal on the spirit. "Mind over matter."

I run because I can. I run because this is my way of helping us take steps closer to finding a cure for cancer. I run because I want to change the stigma of cancer and show folks that...yes....I had cancer...and then I kicked it's butt and now run marathons! :)

This upcoming Boston Marathon, I run in honor or memory of some special cancer warriors. I also run in honor of cancer heroes that have opened up their wallets to donate money to the Lance Armstrong Foundation in order to "sponsor a mile" of my race. This picture is of some of the ribbons I'll be wearing on my race shirt to honors those folks. I'd like to think that one of them donated the "magic dollar" -- the one that will be the dollar that goes to fund a scientist that then finds a cure.

There are still a few more miles open that need sponsorship (for $100 donation to LAF, I'll wear a ribbon on my shirt & dedicate a mile to you!). The list of available miles left is on the right-hand panel of my blog (hint: look to the right of this post).

Any amount helps me get closer to my goal of raising $2600! I'm $100 away from hitting the $2000 donation mark!! Donate at: http://www.livestrong.org/teamls2010/julierunsboston
And, feel free to leave comments about why YOU run. LIVESTRONG! CURES ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.