Monday, April 6, 2009

2 weeks 'til The Boston Marathon!

It was hard to believe as we wrapped up our long 18-20 miler train run a week ago that another week would slip by so fast, but it did. In exactly 2 weeks about this time, I'll be sitting down to beer and pizza after my first Boston Marathon. Honestly, it's hard to not see that end-point without celebrating all the days and moments that preceded it. This effort was about running for charity (The Lance Armstrong Foundation), and we've raised ~$94,000 for LAF! I have all of you to thank for that effort! This is also the first race that I'm running for me. I run all the other races for other survivors and patients, but this one is for me. It's about me kicking my own cancer to the curb for the 3rd year and fighting back from letting it define me. This, as you know, will be followed by 2 more marathons in the following 2 months to run for awareness of those that still fight the good fight, or that chose to leave this world in dignity.

It's not too late to still donate! The goal is to raise $100,000 by race day, and we can do it! Click here to donate to my fundraising, or copy/paste the following link: To support me, go to: http://www.livestrong.org/grassroots2009/juliewboston09

If you'd like to follow my progress through the race, sign up online! Follow the instructions on this web page which you have to do prior to race day. http://baa.org/BostonMarathon/Att-Athlete-Alert.asp Signing up will allow text messages to be sent to your phone or your email as I pass key areas of the race (10k, Half, etc.). My BIB # is: 25277

Pic #1: Boston Athletic Association Logo
Pic #2: Patie, Marcie & Julie (in front, in order) running the Boston Marathon in 2 weeks! Cathy & Heahter (in back, in order) have been are awesome supporters both for LLS & LAF!

1 comment:

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.