Wednesday, April 1, 2009

20 days until THE Boston Marathon...

Only 20 more days until the Boston Marathon! I am officially in my "taper mode" before the race, but don't let that fool you, as that still means my run this Saturday will be a half marathon distance(13 miles). I'll be running with other TNT and Team LIVESTRONG teammates Saturday at 7 a.m., meeting at Torrey Pines State Beach (outside parking entrance at Carmel Valley Rd/Del Mar Scenic Pkwy). Come out and experience what TEAM is like! I am also still actively fundraising, which is the whole reason I lace up my running shoes....thinking there will be a day when I can finally sleep in on a Saturday because we found a cure!!!
I owe a HUGE thank you to all of my supporters, as we hit my fundraising goal for the Boston Marathon, and raised $3,000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation! THANK YOU!!! I am very aware how tough the economy is right now, and I know that many of your donations came from your heart and were a stretch of your finances in order to help others in need. You are my personal heroes (I hug heroes.). For those that have not yet donated but interested, I am still fundraising and working towards my Cures Rock! Campaign goal of $10,000 this season for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! To donate, please click here or copy/paste this link into your Internet browser: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/rnr09/CuresRock . My sister just added a donation of $520 to my fundraising, which is the latest proceeds from the "Bracelets 4 Cures" --- gorgeous, handmade "Cures Rock!" cancer awareness bracelets, designed for this campaign. 100% of the proceeds go to LLS. Click here for more info and pictures!

CURES ROCK! (Cancer does not.) Join our campaign to kick cancer to the curb!
Pic #1: Julie sitting in front of the chalked "Welcome to Boston" notes left for her at the end of her 18 mile run
Pic #2: Bracelets 4 Cures

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on hitting your Boston fundraising goal -- that is truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments!

Lance Armstrong's "Tour de France" Dedication to Julie

A great reminder that I had armies of support beside me in my fight. (Thanks, Lance!) Even with the recent media, this video isn't about the bike...but the fight against cancer. LIVESTRONG!

Stage 2 Dedication: Julie Westcott -- powered by http://www.livestrong.com

Guinness World Record Broken to Fight Cancer

We *Heart* Our Fans

Cures Rock! on Facebook

Donate & fight to kick cancer to the curb!

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.

500 Miles. 17 days. 2 States. 1 Mission to Cure Cancer.
January 1 - 17, 2010
All Content and Images (unless specified otherwise), Copyright Cures Rock! 2007-2012.